Friday, November 30, 2007

Got To Have Faith


Dreams Of Fucking An R and B Bitch.

This is my favorite Biggie track of all time. I think I first got my hands on this cut on the Best of Biggie Mixtape done by Mister Cee and had to keep rewinding this joint in my car. I used to love buying mixtapes at the local record store. Crew would walk down, pick up or rack some blank tapes at the local department store (HI BIAS always) and then we would each buy one of these mixtapes for like 15 bucks and then copy them for each other. These tapekingz joints were always fire. One thing I remember vividly, was when my boy bought the mixtape that had the Casual and Saafir freestyle batte on it, so dope.

I had this concept for this tee since season one, and we just put it on the backburner for a bit. Once the plan was set, everything fell into place nicely. Put the girls in a grid like the Midnight Marauders cover and put Biggies grill in their so people don't have to wear a shirt that says Fuck /F*CK or Bitch /B*TCH.

We left out a couple of girls from the song, we thought Raven Simone would look a little wack on the tee and we added most of our current favorites R and B gals. I really love this tee and I even love the name we gave it.

Such a dope song.