Saturday, November 15, 2008

Of The Man


I decided to brave the Vancouver Comme Des Garcon / H & M release on Thursday at the downtown location in Pacific Centre. I think Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal were the only stores to stock the collaboration.

We arrived at about 8 (two hours before opening) and the line was about 60 deep. My friend was in the front and she got there at 5 in the morning. At ten just before the store opened there were about 300 people in line. The most interesting part was the demographic of the people in line, about 90 % asian and mostly the ones that follow street wear not fashion. The asians are always down for a deal.

When the doors open it was pure madness, people grabbing shit that wasn't there size, and holding onto it to try on later. This meant you couldn't get more than a few items in your size unless you were really lucky. I managed to get the cardigan I wanted but was unable to get the jackets that I really wanted. I attacked all wrong. Oh well, it wasn't the best of quality anyways.

Anyone want to trade a trench. I got a 44